"It’s SNOWtime Like Winter" Vacation Camp
Tuesday through Thursday, February 25-27th, 2014
$135 members/ $150 non-members
Maple Hill Farm 117 Ridge Road Hollis
When school is out, spend your days off playing at Beaver Brook! We will explore the woods and trails; looking for signs of animals and discovering nature in the winter. If there’s snow, we will build snow forts and use snowshoes! Activities include: searching for animal tracks, making bird feeders for attracting birds here and at home, discovering the science of snow, eating s’mores around the campfire and lots more. We will have indoor activities too, making crafts and playing games. Children should bring a refillable water bottle, snack, and lunch. Come prepared for outdoor discovery with layers and winter gear (snow pants, boots, gloves, etc.). Program held snow or shine.
Space is limited.
Reasons to get outside:
1. Sunlight will lift your spirits–take a walk at noon.
2. Avoid those germs at the gym.
3. Give your head and lungs a break from the indoor air.
4. Connect with nature
5. Conserve gas and money by finding free beautiful places to explore near home
6. Avoid or reduce severity of colds by getting regular outdoor exercise in winter