Dogs are welcome at Beaver Brook, but must be leashed at all times and kept under control by their owner. There are no exceptions to this rule and enforcement will be referred to the Hollis Police Department. Beaver Brook is a carry-in an carry-out facility and this pertains to cleaning up after dogs and taking the waste home for proper disposal. Trail users are encouraged to stay on marked trails leaving the land, wildlife and plant life undisturbed.
- Leashes protect dogs from becoming lost and from approaching wild animals such as porcupines, coyotes, ground nesting birds and other species.
- Unleashed dogs may intimidate other hikers and their dogs, depriving them of the peace wilderness provides.
- Unleashed dogs may harass, injure, or sometimes kill wildlife.
- Unleashed dogs increase the probability of dogs being banned from your favorite public lands.
- Failure to leash your dog (s) may result in a fine.
- Cleaning up after your dog is a responsibility of pet owners when not on their own property.
- Cleaning up after your dog prevents impairment of surface and well water quality.