It’s Healthier to Be Outside than In!
It’s cold outside, so all the more reason to keep your exercise routine strictly indoors, right? Not so fast. There are plenty of health-promoting reasons to get your exercise groove on in the great outdoors this time of year. With the right warm gear, you can still enjoy many of your favorite warm-weather ways to keep fit, or go with the snow flow by enjoying winter sports like cross-country skiing that get your heart pumping. From gym-germ avoidance to lining your wallet with more green, here are the top reasons to take it outside.
1. Sunlight will lift your spirits–take a walk at noon.
2. Avoid those germs at the gym.
3. Give your head and lungs a break from the indoor air.
4. Connect with nature
5. Conserve gas and money by finding free beautiful places to explore near home
6. Avoid or reduce severity of colds by getting regular outdoor exercise in winter