Busy Beavers is Beaver Brook’s Forest Program for 4-6 year old. Busy Beaver is not a traditional child care program. Instead it is a program which is focused on nature. Busy Beavers will spend at least 70% (and often 90%) of the class time in the great outdoors!
By providing preschoolers the opportunity to learn in a rich natural environment, our mission is to help children grow in emotional, physical and social resilience in order to develop families who are strong environmental stewards.
Busy Beavers is not a full time licensed child care facility. Busy Beavers is an occasional care program. Class will be on Fridays from 8:30-11:30.
Information Session: Friday February 7 At 12 pm -1 pm
Spring Session: 8 weeks March 6 -April 24, 2020. Make up days or Special “Mud Season” Session: May 8th, 15th
- 8:30 Arrival and Treasure Hunt in the garden (kids should arrive dressed for the weather)
- 8:50 Hike and Trail Activities
- 9:20 Arrive at play space and have tea and snack
- 9:40 Story time in the Natural play space
- 9:50 Loose parts play (building, exploring, imaginative play) see curriculum for description of loose parts
- 10:30 Tidy loose parts items
- 10:40 Lesson and games (Maybe done in classroom if needed)
- 11:00 Hike back to classroom
- 11:10 Classroom Museum, Story of the day and good-by songs
- Forest Preschool Parent Handbook
- REGISTER HERE