This year, 2021, Summer Nature Camp will be mainly outdoors! Each camp offers an unplugged opportunity to explore the wonders of the natural word – whether it is a hike through the woods, a closer look at an insect under a magnifying glass, cooking over a campfire, or a group game that reinforces the value of teamwork, your camper will learn not only the joys of being in nature, but how to respect and care for it as well. We are emphasizing back to basics!
Camps will be grouped by age, staffed by both a teacher and counselor, and follow NH COVID 19 guidelines and protocols. Camp will take place outdoors entirely except for taking shelter during inclement weather.
Read or print Camp Flyer here. There will not be a unique description of each of our 35 sessions this year. You will choose the weeks and age groups only. Each week will be different so sign up your child for as many as you like. Registration for BBA Members begins March 1st (Members receive 10% discount). Registration is open to the public beginning March 8th until sessions fill. You can sign up for waitlist too.
If would like to know more about our camps, the staff or the campus, feel free to call us at 603-465-7787. Beaver Brook grounds are open 365 days a year dawn to dusk so stop by!
4-5 year olds
These children meet from 9-12 pm, and their day will be filled with games, stories, hands-on explorations, and hikes. Their base camp will be located in the Herb and Shady Garden side of Maple Hill Farm.
1st-2nd Graders in Fall 2021
Throughout the week Forest Friends will explore some of the special habitats surrounding Maple Hill. They may go ponding, visit the labyrinth, check out the fitness trail, or even fish for crayfish from Bouchard Bridge. Each day holds a new adventure! Forest Friends will begin their days on the lawn near the Pollinator Garden & Compost Court at Maple Hill Farm. 9am-3 pm M-F
3rd & 4th grade in the Fall of 2021
Each day children will meet on the porch of Brown Lane Barn to begin their adventures. These campers will have the opportunity to learn a variety of skills, build their hiking stamina, explore new interests, and discover “secret” places while learning the value of teamwork. 9 am-3 pm M-F
Trail Blazers are our oldest campers. Beginning at Brown Lane Barn’s Granite Room, their camp days will include team building, outdoor skills, explorations, and hiking in our 2100 acres. 9am-3pm M-F There are two specialty camps for Trail Blazers:
June 28-July 2nd will be Hiking Camp:
July 26-July 30 Hike It All camp
Evening Camp option:
Creatures of the Night. July 12-16 5-8 pm When the sun goes down, the forest wakes up!! Look up! Look Down! Look all around. Listen for WHOOO could be out there? Experience the magic of the forest on a summer’s night.
Students should pack a picnic dinner in their backpack. For Students entering grades 2-4 in Fall 2021. $160/$148 Members.
BBA Registration & Cancellation Policies
- You can become a BBA Member by donating $75 or more here (or via Donate button above). We will email you the early registration link and discount code.
- All programs require pre-registration through our online system on Active.com People without access to computers may call the office. 603-465-7787
- All registrations are available on a space available basis.
- Registrations cannot be processed without full payment (unless you have scholarship funding).
- Scholarships may be available and requests may be submitted on this form. All requests are confidential and will be evaluated based on financial need.
- Minimum and maximum registration numbers have been set for all programs. If the minimum numbers are not met, the program may be cancelled.
- Waiting lists are established as programs fill up.
- Registrations are accepted with credit cards (Visa & Mastercard, cash or checks.
- Full refunds are available 30 or more days before camp begins minus a $35 cancellation fee.
- There are no refunds after that unless the program is cancelled by Beaver Brook Association, the participant’s spot can be filled by someone on the waitlist or a participant’s doctor submits a letter specifying inability to participate.
- Health Forms and allergy action plans are due by June 1st or there will be a $25 administration fee.
- Transgender Policy: BBA does not have a transgender policy.
- Beaver Brook does not have a allergen-free campus but we work with parents, physicians and students to ensure safety for campers.
Our current camps are time tested since 1976, kid-approved, and staffed by experienced educators whose passion and love of the outdoors naturally transfers to the children with whom they interact. Sure sounds better than playing video games, right?!