Start Date: January 3, 2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Job Type: Full-time salaried
Beaver Brook Association (BBA) is a privately held non-profit, founded 57 years ago, with a mission to promote the understanding of interrelationships in the natural world and to encourage conservation of natural resources through education and land stewardship. BBA is seeking a dedicated and passionate Program Manager who will support the organization to achieve its mission through management of our education and community engagement programs.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Manager is responsible for assisting in planning, scheduling, and marketing BBA’s programs as well as maintaining and improving upon the efficiency and effectiveness of all areas under their direction and control. The Program Manager needs to be a self-starter with excellent judgment. This position is key to the operational success at BBA and will work closely with staff, teachers, volunteers, and the public. The Program Manager role is a great opportunity to have a big community impact and to work with a knowledgeable and dedicated team.
Due to the nature of this position, the responsibilities outlined below capture some, but not all the responsibilities that may fall under the purview of this role.
- Develops, implements, and manages a variety of year-round, high-quality programs.
- Ensures department activities are aligned with BBA’s goals.
- Compiles and analyzes department data to assess program performance and make recommendations for improvements.
- Manage registration for programs: input programs for each season, manage changes, maintain records, run reports, and help customers troubleshoot issues.
- Organizes workloads, schedules, books field trips, assign staff to teach and support teachers and EDU staff in their daily needs.
- Be the primary point of contact for all program-related inquiries.
- Monitors the day-to-day operation of all programs including; supporting staff, ensuring physical spaces are prepared, maintaining supplies and equipment etc.
- Design thoughtful and thorough marketing plans for the promotion of programs and uses social media and other strategies to promote community programs. Execute and monitor promotions across all channels (social, email, partnerships, physical publications etc).
- Be a creative problem solver who can roll up their sleeves and help the team navigate obstacles.
- Work closely with the Summer Camp Coordinator to ensure the daily success of the Summer Camp Program.
- Contributes to the development and management of the department budget.
- Onboard and train new staff.
- Ensure that BBA is following state requirements.
- Mentors and supports teaching staff, creating a positive and productive environment for all.
- Responsible for managing team communications within the department.
- Be able to deliver all BBA programs as necessary (ex. in the case of a teacher absence).
- Responsible for managing and attending programs that fall outside of normal business hours during the evenings and weekends.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to details
- Ability to work well with a team and to motivate others
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent computer skills
- Physically able to move up to 50 lbs
- Valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation and a clean background check
- Experience in developing and scheduling a variety of enrichment programs
- Passionate about and knowledgeable in outdoor education
- Comfortable and knowledgeable teaching to the public
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to Becky Kellner, Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.