Beaver Brook relies on contributions from our visitors and the community to maintain our lands, trails and the many historic buildings used for environmental education programs.
$500 – Biosphere
$250 – Biome
$150 – Ecosystem
$50 – Individual
:: Community Level Members receive 15% off this year on summer camps + 1 week early registration. Everyone receives 10% discounts on other programs and gift store item plus free enrollment in select programs
:: Beaver Brook’s newsletter The LOG
:: Our introductory information packet, color-coded maps, wildflower blooming guide, natural history trail guide, window sticker, and supporter card
:: Monthly e-calendar of events
When one considers the work that needs to be done just to maintain a nature center that includes almost 2,200 acres in
three towns with 17 buildings—a few of which are over 200 years old—the challenge can seem daunting, especially with only a
small staff of full-time employees. Successful management is characterized by prioritizing a stream of steady gradual
improvements. At Beaver Brook, calendar year 2017 was characterized by several. Here are a few that your support helped
• A new well was drilled to supplement the supply of water needed by our office and school programs.
• A storage shed for our equipment has been erected to replace the sheds lost in the fire two years ago.
• The Brown Lane Cape was repaired by John Spear, BBA Buildings and Grounds Manager, and repainted by its tenants—
on time and under budget.
• A wider apron was constructed for easier and safer wheelchair access to and from the Maple Hill Barn.
• Wider safer steps to the office were constructed and a railing was installed along the walkway entrance.
• A younger used truck for plowing was acquired to replace the failing 12-year-old pickup truck.
As important as these improvements are, they were only necessary to support the things that make Beaver Brook the
very special place that it is. We hope you agree that when improvements can be made to maintain what Beaver Brook is all
about they are worth the investment. Thank you for your role in it.
Thom Davies, Volunteer Executive Director