Beaver Brook Association has 2,187 acres of forest, fields, and wetlands in Hollis, Brookline, and Milford, New Hampshire. Thisland lies where the southern transitional forest meets the northern hardwood forest, creating a diverse landscape of interest to the naturalist and the hiker alike. On this landscape is a network of over 35 miles of trails, which provides a quiet and contemplative setting for daytime excursions. Forest and wildlife management is practiced throughout the property to protect and encourage a diverse array of native species.
BBA also protects significant portions of two watersheds and has designated natural areas. We encourage the public to visit our gardens and trails, which are open from dawn to dusk seven days a week, and rediscover the natural world.
BBA is 56 years old so we are going to give you 56 hikes to do to stay healthy & calm. See the list…
Rules for Trail Use
- Trails are open free to the public every day from dawn to dusk
- Dogs are welcome at Beaver Brook but must be leashed at all times and under control by their owner. There are no exceptions to this rule and enforcement will be referred to the Hollis Police Department.
- Beaver Brook is a carry-in and carry-out facility. For example, owners must clean up after their dogs and take waste bags home for proper disposal.
- Hunting is prohibited.
- Camping and campfires are prohibited except during facility rentals.
- Fishing is allowed in accordance with N.H. State regulations.
- Trail difficulty ranges from very easy to moderate affording accessibility to a majority of citizens
- Blue-blazed trails are designated as “multi-use” which allows horses and bicycles
- Yellow triangular markings denote more fragile trails for hiking and cross country skiing only.
- Trail users are encouraged to stay on marked trails leaving the land, wildlife and plant life undisturbed.
- The use of motorized vehicles other than Beaver Brook Association work vehicles or emergency vehicles is strictly prohibited.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION ON SAFE HIKING see Hike Safe